Little sonshine's school was having a fundraising for the less fortunate through games and social events to be held in their school this Friday. All the children we're asked to bring whatever they can to serve as prizes either as stickers, pencils or stuffed toys. So off we went to the mall despite the pouring rain to buy some supplies. We were so in the spirit of giving that we ended up buying all the prizes asked except for the stuffed toy. We didn't get the toy for two reasons; they burn a big hole in the pocket and if you decide to buy the cheapest one it would probably just end up on the shelf, unloved and unplayed with! In short, i ended up making one and thought it would be nice to share it with you guys!
Here's the story of our last minute DIY Monster Plush!
- get a pair of unused leg warmers or sock (this is the same material i used to wrap my DIY dress form) and cut the garterized part.
- cut it open following the folded line.
- put it on top of each other making sure that the outer sides are facing each other.
- cut it according to the shape of the monster plush you designed (in my case i just eyeballed it as i only had overnight to finish it).
- sew the sides together and leave a couple of inches of opening. This is where you would put the stuffing(i used these tiny styrofoam balls).
- stuff your plush carefully making sure that all the tiney spaces are properly filled.
- use any plain-colored fabric for the monster's face and sew buttons for eyes and white felt for the fangs...and you're done! (forgive me if there was no longer a photo for this step...i was running out of time)