Uncharted Water: Digital Illustrations


Remember the free October Desktop Calendar I created weeks back? Well here is the original drawing I made before it was digitally enhanced. It was so much fun, despite the fact that half the time I didn't know what I was doing. For sure there are "right-er" ways of doing it and if you "digital experts" out there read this, please feel free to send me suggestions. I would very much appreciate that, thank you.

This is not a "pure-bred" digital illustration. As much as I have wanted to do just that, well I am not quite at that level yet. This project was like an assortment of different things. I started with the traditional illustration by drawing it on paper. I then scanned it and colored it in Photoshop CS5. I also did digital collage because I used different other elements like these pretty floral ephemera from Graphics Fairy x Pugly Pixel plus a colorful frame from maybemej.

Funny thing though, her hair kind'a looks like my hair now. But I digress.  How about you, what are your uncharted waters?




You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. to be honest you did a wonderful job. as for me, digital illustration is definitely foreign, but something i would like to venture into someday (if i have the time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it's kind of challenging if we've gotten really used to the traditional way already. Hope to see some of your digital work someday.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You are so talented. Do you do illustrations like this for a fee, by any chance? :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello angel. Haven't really thought about it but i would love to do some custom work for people...hopefully they would trust me enough to do the job.

      Delete
  3. WOW! This is amazing! So many details. I never thought of working with a drawing in digital form like that.

    I love Pugly Pixel. Now I'm off to check out Graphics Fairy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love pugly pixel too. Do you know that Katrina was also from the Philippines? I love her site especially the beautiful freebies. She inspired me so much on prettifying my blog more.

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. I have no clue how to do half of what you did. So impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Care to share your thoughts?