Fieldguided: BenCab Museum x Cafe Sabel

Nothing lifts the downtrodden spirit more than filling one's heart with so much inspiration enough to pull oneself from a depressing state. Not that I'm currently on that state but lets just say for weeks now I was still coming to terms with the fact that somebody just let me down big time. It's complicated and I'd rather talk about good things here so why don't we just go over our recent trip when I dragged my two beloved boys to the museum. 


{H admiring art pieces at the lobby}
You've probably heard of Benedicto Reyes Cabrera better known as Bencab. If you haven't, I suggest you go out of that cave you're living in once in a while. He just happened to be awarded as National Artist of the Philippines for Visual Arts. 


You'd be welcomed by amazing artworks in the lobby and would be handed out a museum guide with a map of the place. The exhibits are grouped into different categories and rooms. They are contemporary arts, the Cordilleras, the Erotica, the Print gallery and Bencab's work himself.

{Contemporary Art Room}
{Cordillera Gallery}

Cafe Sabel is Bencab Museum's quaint little restaurant at the lowest level of the building. It also opens to the farm garden and an amazing view of a little lake and tree-filled wonder which is located at the back of the museum.
{farm and garden seen from the viewing deck}
{inside Cafe Sabel}
{H and I got their famous Bencab Chicken Pasta and Lemongrass Iced Tea while the kid enjoyed his ice cream volcano}

{Bencab Gallert}
The whole trip, however short it was, was enough to resuscitate me from my temporary emotional coma and the person...people responsible for that are now nothing but bad memories and will no longer have business being in my life. Sometimes we need to chuck people out of our system to avoid getting poisoned ourselves.
So if you get to visit Baguio and you're all done with your strawberry-picking or vegetable-buying, why don't you pay Bencab Museum a visit.
Trust me, it's exhilarating!

Museum Hours
Tuesdays to Sundays
9am to 6pm (last entry at 5:30)
for more queries visit bencabmuseum.org

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for this! Can't wait to see it myself. It's amazing how much he has done and contributed to Baguio and it's people. Truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nina! Would try to share more Baguio places and finds here. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Care to share your thoughts?